The Stratford Camera Club has a long and distinguished history.
First established on June 13, 1900 and charging $2 for men and $1 for women, the original camera club was formed. Since then the club has folded and then restarted twice.
The current Straford Camera Club was established in 1963 by approximately 50 budding photographers. The elected committee was:
President: Lew Oakley
Program Chariman: Doug Spillane
Secretary-Treasurer: Dick Rigg
Since then the club has ebbed and flowed and continues to operate out of the Gallery Stratford on Romeo St.